Sorry there are no photos accompanying the recipes below. I was short on time getting this post together and out to you...Listed are mocktails (first two) and cocktails for mom, especially over brunch...Enjoy! Happy Mother's Day!!!
This non-alcoholic fruit-infused concoction has been a huge hit for parties and events demanding a fun and cool mocktail. Easy to make a batch of it in the kitchen. If you decide to liquor it up, just add some Blueberry Vodka, like Stoli, or Blueberry Moonshine, like Midnight Moon. For cordials, use St. Germain. It works well with blueberry.
Recipe makes 6-8 drinks
- 1 Jar of Organic Blueberry Jam
- 1 bottle of Pomegranate Juice, preferably POM
- 2 bottles of Sparkling White Grape Cider (1 chilled). For alcoholic version, use sparkling wine
- Medium-sized container of fresh blueberries
- 1 oz Blueberry Vodka or Blueberry Moonshine (optional)
- 1/2 oz St Germain Elderflower (optional)
- 3 blueberries on skewer and/or edible pansy flower
Prep - In a saucepan, add 1/3 cup of pomegranate juice and heat (do not boil). Reduce heat. Add 1/2 cup of blueberry jam and 1 room temp bottle of sparkling white grape cider or sparkling wine. Whisk ingredients for about 10 minutes. Fine strain the mixture into a pitcher by pressing the mixture with a kitchen spoon through a small strainer. Put in fridge for about 30 minutes. When well chilled and ready to serve, add 2 oz of mixture to a champagne flute or cordial glass. Fill glass with chilled white grape cider and garnish with 3 blueberries on a skewer.
Italian Cream Soda
This can be a heavy drink with the cream, but very refreshing and a little fizzy. Makes a great dessert drink with fruitiness and delicious creaminess. You can use different flavors of syrups, but for this one I used passion fruit and watermelon. Orange, cherry, blackberry, and apple are other options. Drink tastes similar to a creamsicle. For alcoholic version, add orange-flavored vodka for more complex flavors.
Makes 1 drink
- 1/2 oz passion fruit syrup
- 1/2 oz watermelon syrup
- 1 oz light cream
- soda water
- 1 oz Orange-flavored Vodka (optional)
- 1 Orchid for garnish
Prep - Fill a collins glass or large highball glass with ice. Pour in soda water 3/4 of the way. Add syrups (let cascade). Top with light cream. Stir gently or allow ingredients to mix on their own. Garnish orchid flower.
This cocktail screams feminine. Many variations can be used as far as the base spirit, but I like Square One Botenical's gin-like tasting notes.
- 2 oz Square One Botanical Vodka
- 1/2 oz orange blossom flower water (store bought)
- 1 oz unflavored Calpico juice (non-carbonated Japanese beverage with sweet and slight milkiness)
- 1/2 oz Lillet Blond Aperitif
- 1 orange blossom flower for garnish
Prep - Add orange blossom water (very fragrant) to a chilled cocktail glass, swirl and rinse, and discard. In a shaker with ice, add vodka, Calpico, and Lillet Blond. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish orange blossom flower.
- 1.5 oz Bloom Gin
- 1/4 oz Caravella Limoncello
- 1/4 oz Creme Yvette
- 3/4 oz fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 3/4 oz *lavender syrup
- 2-3 dashes of BAR KEEP lavender bitters
- Lemon wheel and fresh lavender sprigs for garnish
Prep - In an ice-filled shaker, add all ingredients. Shake and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel and a sprig of fresh lavender.
*To make the lavender syrup - Bring 8-10 sprigs of fresh lavender, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and cool.