I recently received excellent ideas from my blog followers as to what topics they most like to read about. To follow up on that I am dedicating this post to dear cousin, Laura Nagy, who is a big fan of seasonal cocktails. I love ya, Laura...Without further adieu, I give you three outstanding, refreshing summer cocktails from my secret personal stash...The common theme to these cocktails is that they all contain grapefruit juice and are best drank outside at a pool or on a deck...Let me know your thoughts.
- 1.5 oz 10 Cane Rum
- .5 oz Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
- 1 oz Fresh grapefruit juice
- .5 oz Fresh lime juice
- .5 oz Simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water)
Add all the ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime wheel and black cherry on a skewer.
- 2 oz Blanco Tequila
- 1/2 oz St Germain Elderflower Liq
- 1 oz Ruby Red grapefruit juice
- 4 oz Prosecco sparkling wine
Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice, except Prosecco. Shake vigorously and strain into a champagne flute. Add Prosecco. Garnish with a pink grapefruit peel.
- 1 oz Grapefruit Vodka
- 1/2 oz Orange Liq (suggest Marie Brizard Orange Curacao only available by SOL in PA) or Cointreau
- 2 oz Fresh Lemonade
- Splash of simple syrup (1:1)
- 1 oz Sparkling wine
Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice, except sparkling wine. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Add sparkling wine. Garnish with a lemon twist.