This is a cocktail perfect for sitting in front of the fireplace or to enliven your senses during the cold, wintry season on a snowy night or festive occasion. The mint provides a soothing, calming, and cool effect on the palate as well as the brain. Watch that brain freeze! It presents as an almost clear cocktail without the cherry juice, but with the cherry juice, it gives off a very slight pink hue. I served this cocktail at my private cocktail party this Fall to a bunch of friends and they loved it. Give it a whirl over the holiday season and tell me your thoughts. Rumpleminze is quite pricey and at a higher proof so, if you don't want to spend over $25 for a bottle and want to be still standing after sipping one down, just use the peppermint schnapps. For a twist, you can add Godiva chocolate liqueur, Irish Cream, and/or half-n-half to create a silky peppermint patty or creamy cocktail. Happy Mixing!
- 1 crushed peppermint candy per drink
- 2 oz Finlandia Premium Vodka
- 1 oz Rumpleminze or Dekuyper peppermint schanpps
- 1 oz triple sec
- dash of cherry juice
- garnish peppermint candy cane hung on rim
- Chill cocktail glass.
- Crush 1 peppermint stick per drink served by using a muddler (I recommend placing them in a ziplock bag and/or using a rolling pin). Place in a saucer.
- Dip cocktail glass into a saucer of simple syrup to get the rim sticky and submerge into candy saucer.
- Build all ingredients into an ice-filled mixing glass or tin.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with peppermint stick (optional).